I wrote this to poke fun at the chain mail games that are currently running around facebook. It’s funnier if you read it on facebook, but nevertheless, recorded here for posterity:
YOU’RE ON FACEBOOK the first six people on your friends list are:
1. A person you went to school with who, when you initially made contact, asked about how many kids you have, told you how many they have, and haven’t talked to you since.
2. A person you were friends with because you knew someone in common at the time, but you no longer know that common person, but they’re still on your list.
3. The person in common from #2 that you no longer know, but they’re still on your list.
4. A person who’s only posts are music videos they like or facebook game generated posts about what they need for the next level. They don’t ever say anything real.
5. A person who posts cryptic messages that mean nothing to anyone but one or two in the know, begging the question, why put it there then.
6. Someone you friended when you first got facebook simply because they asked. You don’t actually know them.
7. Someone who posts arbitrary memes like this.